Saturday, October 22, 2011

First Week In My Kitchen


Well I decided to start this week off with a bang!

All of the following dishes were prepared from scratch:


I started the day off creating a delectable cheesecake with a blueberry-raspberry sauce. This did not take long to cook but from what I have read, needed the most time to rest and cool before it could be dished up. It was surprisingly easy to make and I only managed to get two medium cracks in the center of my cheesecake. 


Next up was macaroni and cheese...from scratch! I started off with a roux and built my way up to the 
béchamel sauce or mother sauce and added a mix of cheese, sharp cheddar and gruyere. This sauce was then added to the macaroni and finished in the oven with a panko bread crumb topping. Note: The macaroni was cheesy but not overly cheesy (like stouffers). I may increase the amount of béchamel sauce slightly the next time I make it.


Lastly, I made burgers. Yes I know it's nothing extraordinary but they came out juicy and succulent! To the meat I mixed in a variety of ingredients which include: garlic powder, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and cayenne. They were then broiled in the oven and topped off with a saute of mushroom and onion. 


All of these dishes came out fantastic and were put to the test of my family and a close friend.....all are considered keepers in their book.  


Pictures will be coming up here in the next day, feel free to comment!


Lamonte

No comments:

Post a Comment